Database Setup Problem

Craig Lewis da_winksta at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 21 17:38:55 PST 2001

I'm having difficulty creating the freeside database. Under 1.4pre6, I get
the error below, where the script barfs upon trying to connect to the
default template1 database. I got something similar when I was playing with
the fs-setup script in version 1.3.

In both cases, I believe I have Apache, Perl, the database, etc. correctly
installed and completed all of the preceding steps in the install doc
without errors.

Postmaster is definetly running and I have no difficulty connecting to the
database using psql or using some test scripts that use Pg::connectdb. I've
tried with local permissions set to both trust and password in pg_hba.conf

My current theory is that this has something to do with my Postgres setup. I
am running RedHat 7.2 and Postgres 7.1.3. I compiled the database from the
source and it lives in /usr/local/pgsql.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

--Craig

[root at pikachu-ux freeside-1.4.0pre6]# make create-database
perl -e 'use DBIx::DataSource qw( create_database ); create_database(
"DBI:Pg:host=localhost;dbname=freeside", "freeside", "freeside" ) or die
$DBIx::DataSource::errstr;'
DBI->connect(host=localhost;dbname=template1) failed: PQconnectPoll() --
connect() failed: Connection refused at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/DBIx/DataSource/Driver.pm line 76
PQconnectPoll() -- connect() failed: Connection refused at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/DBIx/DataSource/Driver.pm line 76.
make: *** [create-database] Error 255
[root at pikachu-ux freeside-1.4.0pre6]#