[freeside] Linking Imported Data to Customers

ivan ivan at 420.am
Mon Aug 13 02:17:21 PDT 2001

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 01:07:31AM -0400, Rob Spurlock wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on importing the Radius Users file we already have in
> order to link the info to existing  customers.  Problem is, when I
> view the package of the customer I want to "link" the imported data
> to, there is no "Link" button to "Choose (Link to existing) to link
> to a legacy (pre-Freeside) service".  I only get (View).

If you only get (View), then that package already has services linked to
it; namely, the services that you reach using the (View) links.

Depending on what you're trying to do, you will either want to cancel
the exsiting services, or order a new package.

> I ran the
> svc_acct.import and it imported the existing users file to
> users.import.  Did I miss something somewhere?

The database is the target of the import.  You should be able to see the
accounts you imported from "Browse unlinked accounts" on the main menu.

> It also will not
> allow me to add additional packages to an existing customer, just the
> one I choose initially.

Order additional packages from the "Order and Cancel Packages" link on the
main customer view screen.

--
meow