[freeside] Next Step

ivan ivan at 420.am
Sat Aug 11 18:23:24 PDT 2001

On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 09:06:27PM -0400, Rob Spurlock wrote:
> Ok, like I said, I've read these.  I need more than this.

"need" does not get along too well with "free".

> understand that I need a config file called radiusmachines and the
> docs say::
>
> radiusmachines - users is copied to the /etc/raddb directory on the
> remote machine. If no errors occur, the command ( builddbm ) is
> executed on the remote machine
>
> But Do I create the users file somewhere?  Where do I put it?

No.  Freeside creates a `users' file.

> How does freeside add users to the users file?

Freeside does not add users to an existing users file.
The bin/svc_acct.export script creates a users file from the svc_acct
table, containing all entries with a non-empty slipip field.

> Do I need some kind of
> DEFAULT entry in the users file to tell freeside where to add the new
> user?  As for how I get the users file over, I read about importing
> legacy data.  I read::
>
> bin/svc_acct.import - Import `passwd', ( `shadow' or `master.passwd'
> ) and RADIUS `users'. Before running bin/svc_acct.import, you need
> services (with table svc_acct) as follows:
> Most accounts probably have entries in passwd and users (with
> Port-Limit nonexistant or 1)
> Some accounts have entries in passwd and users, but with Port-Limit 2
> (or more)
> Some accounts might have entries in users only (Port-Limit 1)
> Some accounts might have entries in users only (Port-Limit >= 2)
> POP mail accounts have entries in passwd only, and have a particular
> shell.
> Everything else in passwd is a shell account.
>
> But it doesn't really tell me a whole lot.  A little clarification
> this one also would help.

If you want help, you need to ask specific questions about what you do
not understand, not ask for vague "clarification".