[freeside] Next Step

Rob Spurlock helpme at lock-net.com
Sat Aug 11 18:13:31 PDT 2001

Ok, like I said, I've read these.  I need more than this.  I
understand that I need a config file called radiusmachines and the
docs say::

radiusmachines - users is copied to the /etc/raddb directory on the
remote machine. If no errors occur, the command ( builddbm ) is
executed on the remote machine

But Do I create the users file somewhere?  Where do I put it?  How
does freeside add users to the users file?  Do I need some kind of
DEFAULT entry in the users file to tell freeside where to add the new
user?  As for how I get the users file over, I read about importing
legacy data.  I read::

bin/svc_acct.import - Import `passwd', ( `shadow' or `master.passwd'
) and RADIUS `users'. Before running bin/svc_acct.import, you need
services (with table svc_acct) as follows:
Most accounts probably have entries in passwd and users (with
Port-Limit nonexistant or 1)
Some accounts have entries in passwd and users, but with Port-Limit 2
(or more)
Some accounts might have entries in users only (Port-Limit 1)
Some accounts might have entries in users only (Port-Limit >= 2)
POP mail accounts have entries in passwd only, and have a particular
shell.
Everything else in passwd is a shell account.

But it doesn't really tell me a whole lot.  A little clarification
this one also would help.

Thanks!

Rob