[freeside] How long does it take to implement Freeside?

Vlad Sedov vlad at humbleguys.net
Fri Aug 10 08:10:06 PDT 2001

I'm still very new to freeside, but i've set up ISPPower from ground-up...

from what i gather about Freeside so far, is that Freeside doesn't need much
of a system to run... A linux box with apache and perl...

as far as importing your ISPPower data, you will have to do some skripting
to get it converted. since ISPPower is an access database, you could export
your customer data into CSV, and bring it into SQL.

is it possible? yes. is it easy? not really, considering the clusterf**k of
a database structure of ISPPower....

Freeside doesn't quite have the same server-client design like ISPPower
(like ISPPower's server-side perl scripts), instead it uses SSH to log into
remote boxes to configure accounts, radius, etc...

ISPPower has some great features, but their tech support sucks, and it's not
ever supported anymore since the flagship product of the software company is
now their PRISM software... which, from what i heard, is even more of a pain
in the ass to set up than ISPPower ;)

Freeside can do just as good of a job, but some perl experience is
required....

hope that helps

Vlad