[freeside] User Packages

ivan ivan at 420.am
Sun Apr 15 00:08:55 PDT 2001

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 01:07:07PM -0700, Jeff Raffo wrote:
> I am having problems figuring this out....
>
> I want to be able to add a customer with the services: 1 Shell account,
> Dialup access and a mailbox and have all those services user the same
> username and password.
>
> My question is that as I try and setup a whole package now I add the
> username and password for the shell account then move on to the mail
> account.  From here do I *ADD* the mailbox or *LINK* the mailbox to the
> shell account?

Add.  `Link' is _only_ for when you've imported legacy services of any
sort, and need to associate them with customers manually, as per the
instruactions on the Package View screen:

Choose (Add) to setup a new service
Choose (Link to existing) to link to a legacy (pre-Freeside) service

If a user has a shell account and mailbox with the same username, there
should be a single service and entry in svc_acct.

>  If I link it with the same username as the shell account it
> seems to work ok but then if I try to link the dialup access to that
> username the "view" option for the shell account goes away as though it was
> never added?
>
> I have the same question about adding the dialup access... do I add it or
> link it?

If a user has a dialup, shell account and mailbox with the same
username, there should be a single service and entry in svc_acct,
not three.

--
meow