Importing Legacy master.passwd data with svc_acct.import

Tim McCullagh timbo at halenet.com.au
Thu Nov 16 17:40:43 PST 2000

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the other feedback re: legacybillingdata.  It had to do with the
fact that I had an empty field on the end of my legacy data file

I have 3 more questions if you have time to reply to them

1.   When I am importing the legacy data to my svc_acct db table with
svc_acct.import it errors when it reaches a 3 character GID.   The 4
character GID's seems to go in fine.   Can you give me a pointer as to where
I might be able to change / fix this?

2.  When I import passwords from my master.passwd the svc_acct.import  only
inserts 8 characters into the password field.  My master.passwd has
encrypted paswords with $ signs in them.   When I write scripts to make any
changes I normally have to use '  ' around my '${passwd}' to copy them
correctly.    Do you think I need to change the svc_acct.import to reflect
this as well ?

3.  I have set up my customers home directorys under the following path
structure.   /home/usr/{initial}/{username}.
This structure is in my master.passwd.  how would you suggests I change the
import script to catter for this? or can you suggest how this might be done

TIA

Freeside itself works like a charm.

regards

Tim