[freeside] dbdef-create for postgres??

Mark Dzmura mdz at digital-mission.com
Fri May 19 09:10:13 PDT 2000

> > Alternatively, if somebody could send me some output from the mysql
> >
> >     "show tables"
> >     "show index from ..."
> >     "show columns from ..."
> >
> > I could probably wing it with this info...
>
> I don't think you want to use the output from someone else's database,
> espeically a different database engine.

The reason for mysql output was to see the structure of the data returned
from those commands, so I could write code to get the information from postgres
and put it in the desired structure - to "drop in" to dbdef.  I can do SELECTs on
system tables in Postgres to get the same information, but it almost certainly won't be
in the same format as mysql returns from SHOW commands...

-mdz

--
)))) This email routed via a wireless gateway!! ((((