Greetings, new developer, and all that.

freeside at petra.osprey.net freeside at petra.osprey.net
Sat Mar 25 09:04:16 PST 2000

I'm an owner of an ISP in Kansas, and I'm tired of the shortcomings of
using QuickBooks to bill our customers.  I like what I see in Freeside,
but I think it's going to be a bit o' fun getting everything converted.
In the process, I think I see some features I'd like to help implement.

Right now, I'm posting to both lists, because I can see what's on the
user list via the archives, but I can't see what the nature of the dev
list is like.

First of all, I'd have to agree with Kirk on the documentation;  The
links to Apache adn mysql are good, but not enough.  It can take too
long to figure out exactly what is needed, whereas a simple example can
go a long way to speed up the process.  A good warning to read the other
package documentation should still be included.   I was working on a
patch to show what I was hoping for in intallation instructions, but
after looking through the mail archives, I'd better wait and see what
Kirk flushes out.  Are you still working on it, Kirk?

Another small feature I'd like:  On the referrals, it would be good to
keep track of a special type of referal - customer referral.  We give 2
months of access to anyone who refers 3 accounts to us.   I think I have
an implentation idea, but I need to look at the code some more.

I'm still trying to figure out how to set things up, so I'm sure I will
have some more questions shortly, and if Freeside doesn't do what I
need, I'll send patches. :)