[freeside] Couple of Questions

ivan ivan at 420.am
Tue Mar 7 06:49:18 PST 2000

On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 06:20:51AM -0800, Kirk Moore wrote:
> Ivan....
>
> I have entered one customer. Under the browse feature, customer (by customer
> number), should that one customer be visible.

Yes, if you have a single customer, the browse should jump directly to
that customer.  If you have multiple customers, you should get listing
from which you can choose a customer.

> on a side note, I am going to get a rough draft to the list early next week
> on installation instructions.
>
> I have a tentative breakdown as follows:
>
> Installation using MySql
> 	a) perl modules needed
> 	b) getting the source
> 	c) installing
> 	d) configuring for the first time
> 		a) how to configure MySql
> 		b) creating the database
> 		c) creating the mapsecrets file
> 		d) creating the configuration directory
> 			a) files that belong within this directory
> 	e) What's required before the first customer can be entered
> 		a) service definition
> 		b) Package definition
> 		c) agent types
> 		d) agents
> 		e) referrals
> 	f) Dumping the data base and starting over
> 	g) gleaned troubleshooting tips from the archive.
>
> Is there anything that you can see that I have missed or suggestions.

Freeside supports at least both MySQL and PostgreSQL.  I'd like for the
documentation to be reflect this.  I also don't want the documentation to
duplicate things like MySQL/PostgreSQL or Apache configuration - the
appropriate sections of those packages' documentation should be linked.

--
meow