[freeside] Feature wishlist, was: Re: [freeside] 1.2.3 released

Kristian Hoffmann khoff at pc-intouch.com
Sat Mar 4 23:47:26 PST 2000

On Sat, 4 Mar 2000, ivan wrote:

> With regard to the usage-based billing, all prices in Freeside are Perl
> expressions.  I'd like to see usage-based billing implemented by having
> the usage logs written to SQL and then queried by the billing process.
> See <http://www.sisd.com/freeside/list-archive/msg00423.html>.

The radius server we  are using logs/authenticates directly to/from the
freeside database.  We also modified the ns-switch module for pgsql to
work with mysql.  This way you don't have to export any
users/passwd/shadow/etc. files at all.  Anyway, the radius logging to the
mysql server makes usage billing almost trivial...almost.

If anyone would like a link to either of the above mentioned patches, let
me know or search the list archive.

-Kristian