[freeside] 1.2.3 released

Brian Wolfe ahzz at terrabox.com
Fri Mar 3 14:52:38 PST 2000

	Well, i'm still waiting for a response from the freeside people themselves. I do know that the thing needs a LOT of work. 8-P Right now it feels like a homegrown script set with only a few small account features in it.

	I wonder if there is a way to add in "modules" for adding support for various things, like shell server types, and removing modules that you don't necessarily need, like dialup accounts.

	I'm going to hack the import script this weekend to work with the debian system and keep tabs on the system accounts. Ill also be starting a new mailing list myself for all of this next weekend if I don't get a response from the freeside folks in preparation of forking.

	FREESIDE: gimme info or some sign of life other than this release message or i'll be forced to do this. it's a decent start and can probably be morphed a bit better. I'm not so certain that your "objectifying" of the code into opbjects is all that good. (probably because i haven't used objects extensivly.) But at this point compilation and load times are abysmal for cgi. >1 secon dloads on a dual pIII 450 with 512MB of ram and LVM stripe to 4 7200 rpm uwscsi disks? cmon... gotta be bloat. 8-P

	Brian
	TerraBox.com