[freeside] Remote Host Disconnected: Connection lost after ssh connect

Koos Strydom strydom at prosperitas.com.au
Thu Jun 15 16:29:47 PDT 2000

Gordon Smith wrote:

> If your using OpenSSH 2.1, check versions on BOTH machines. SSH2 doesn't
> come with ver 1. It will auth then disconnect if version 2 is trying to use
> version 1 compatability mode. It needs to have ssh1 installed, and ssh1
> compatability set up in /etc/ssh2/ssh_config.

Thanks Gordon,

I've had SSH2 version 2.0.13 installed. I uninstalled it and installed version
1.2.27 and
prliminary testing indicates that I can login  as root from a user freeside
login as follow
(trust this is correct) ssh root at host useradd -d /home/username -m -s /bin/sh
-u 510 username. After I've executed this I checked the shell machine and to
my delight everything was as I expected