[freeside] Mob_Perl and Cybercash Problems

ivan ivan at 420.am
Sat Jul 22 11:49:28 PDT 2000

Hmm, that's a tough one to diagnose all right.  I'd guess that something's
different about your environment, maybe your $PATH, when you run in the
context of the Apache instead of as a CGI.  Just a guess.

Maybe you could try setting the $debugging flag in CCMckLib3_2.pm, look
for this section:

  # Debugging: Modify the variables below to enable debugging to a log file
  #
  # Be aware that performance is greatly decreased with debugging turned on
  #

  # Debugging is on if $debugging is not 0
  # Set to 1 for API level debugging: only what comes into sendmserver
  #    and GetQuery and what goes out of sendmserver and GetQuery is
  #    logged
  # Set to 2 for debugging every step of the way
  # You can set it higher than two and catch other levels of debugging.
  # this routine uses levels 0, 1 and 2.
  #  At level 0. error messages will still go to the log if
  # error_output_flag is 1.

  $debugging = 0;

  # Debug messages will be written to this file
  $debuglog = $TMPDIR . "CCMck.log";

If that doesn't provide any information there's some sections in
CCMckDirectLib3_2.pm like:

        # We do not log the encryption input because
        # it may contain sensitive data:  like credit card or checking
        # account numbers.  If you need to see the input,
        # uncomment this line and set the debug level as needed

(just grep for `debug').  Be careful with your logfiles if you need to do
that.

Worse case, you could tell Apache to run only that one script as a CGI
(yes, that's a pretty yucky workaround, but it should work and you'll get
the performance benefit of mod_perl otherwise).

Good luck!

--
meow