[freeside] Re: Connection refused [SignupClient.pm] line 189

ivan ivan at 420.am
Fri Jul 7 17:06:00 PDT 2000

On Fri, Jul 07, 2000 at 01:06:53PM -0700, Kristian Hoffmann wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, ivan wrote:
>
> > Please pass along to Mark that I'd be interested in figuring out exactly
> > what's different that breaks that code on your machines but not mine, if
> > he has the time.
>
> The one difference that comes to mind is that we compiled perl with
> threading support enabled

Eek!  I *really* think that's a bad idea.  Since the Freeside code isn't
threaded you're not going to see any difference in performance, just
instability.

I'm not at all surprised signal handling broke in that case.

> since we have freeside on a dual celeron machine.

You'll get the benefit of both processors simply because of Apache's
process model; no need to compile Perl for threading.

--
meow