[freeside] New Customer Problems

colinc colinc at terrigal.net.au
Thu Feb 3 14:45:48 PST 2000

ivan wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 10:04:08AM +1100, colinc wrote:
> > ivan wrote:
> >
> > > I don't have enough information to diagnose your browse/search problem.
> > > Perhaps you're misunderstanding which tables each option searches?
> >
> > I have now managed to enter in the customer detail in successfully, but the browse
> > options still exists
> >
> > For example, clicking on browse customers (by last name) will give me an error
> >
> >     Error processing your request
> >     Your request could not be processed because of the following error:
> >
> >     No matching customers found!
>
> > This happens with almost all the browse options except for packages (by package
> > number) which will display packages ordered by the customer.
> > The seacrh options produces an error, eg searching by last name, although there are
> > customer details in the database.
>
> How have you verified this?  Is there anything in the cust_main table in
> the database?

Yes, definitely. I can actually see the customer details when in mysql. There are also
data in the other tables which i added via the web browser.
The only browse link that works is the packages (by package number) and via this you can
access the customer details, however, i cannot go straight to the customer details either
by browse or search.

> Do you get anything in the server's error log?

Nope, not a single error in the error log

> What OS, database, versions, etc., are you using?  What method are you
> using to run the scripts as the Freeside user (mod_perl, suExec, setuid)?

linux 2.0.3.4, mysql database 3.22.27, freeside 1.2.2, perl 5.00.53.
i'm using suEXEC. I also changed the user in the httpd.conf for apache which allowed
freeside to run, other wise i get an error regarding the freeside user.

> Are you sure your browser isn't simply caching old results?  Have you set
> the option to verify documents every time, rather than once per session?

Nope, made sure of that.