[freeside] Our humongous patch

Kristian Hoffmann khoff at pc-intouch.com
Sun Dec 10 23:29:33 PST 2000

On Fri, 8 Dec 2000, ivan wrote:

> > Removed cust_credit and merged it into cust_pay so credits would apply to
> >       invoices after they were created.  Because of this, we can remove
> >       the cust_bill.owed field and calculate invoice balances on the fly.
> >       This removes the ability to post a credit before an invoice is
> >       generated.  Included script fix-credits converts old-style credits
> >       into new credits.
>
> Hmm, I'm all for removing the cust_bill.owed field, but I would prefer
> to keep cust_credit.

Yes, removing cust_credit was not entirely necessary.  The main problem we
were having was that people in billing would credit an invoice and then
re-order another package.  Since the credits were being issued after the
invoices, they weren't being calculated into the owed fields in
cust_bill.  The cust_bill->owed method fixes that though.  I forgot what
my point was.

Actually, would you mind adding a patch for cust_bill->void
method?  Voiding an invoice would be a cleaner way to cancel it rather
than issuing credits.  In general, freeside works properly and does the
right thing (tm).  The problem is the people that wait until after they've
been billed to decide they want to change packages.

Narf,

-Kristian Hoffmann
<khoff at pc-intouch.com>