[freeside] Page refreshing

Kristian Hoffmann khoff at pc-intouch.com
Sat Dec 2 19:53:40 PST 2000

On Sat, 2 Dec 2000, Jason Spence wrote:

> We're going to install squid at the site we've deployed Freeside at
> soon, so I think it's time that Freeside learned how to deal with
> caches.  We're already halfway there with the FS::CGI module, I would
> think.  I'd write a patch, but I already have (I think) three ones
> floating in Ivan's queue and I haven't received any response on those
> yet, so...
>
> Kristian, it sounds like you've already tried this.  Do you have a
> patch for the CGI.pm file that changes the headers?

I just needed a "quick fix" so I tweaked the view/cust_main.cgi.  One
machine was having a problem with that one file.  Go figure.  I have a w3c
doc bookmarked somewhere regarding what headers to set to disallow
caching.

> Actually, I just had a thought: the "browse customers by customer
> number" page is pretty beefy, and it would probably be a good thing to
> have search/cust_main.cgi say that its output is cacheable if

Perhaps just a simple 1-50, 51-100 style paging system and by letter for
alphabetic order.  It would be much simpler than mucking around with page
caching.

I can do that an submit a patch if desired.

Narf,

-Kristian Hoffmann
<khoff at pc-intouch.com>