[freeside] feature request

David Morton freeside at petra.osprey.net
Fri Apr 7 08:03:07 PDT 2000

For me, the GTK stuff is too much work...  I love the look, but every
time I've looked at it, it took *way* too much code to do things. :P

Well, maybe I'll be able to get to the GUI stuff pretty soon.

One thing I've been wondering about;  I'd like to run the giu on any
platform, even M$, but I'm not sure about all the FS libraries running
on Win32. (and all the DBI calls...)   Would it be worthwhile to create
a daemon and a set of
RPC calls for the gui's to communicate with?  (Tee hee, now there's a
lot of work)  That way, the creation of accounts, shell machines,
passwords, and SQL stuff can still be controlled from one location (as
it is now)