[freeside] Help again...

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Mon Sep 6 22:20:27 PDT 1999

On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 10:48:31PM -0700, Kirk Moore wrote:

> here is where we stand... we have the newest version of DBI::mysql up and
> running.

(I assume you mean DBD::mysql)

> We have double and tripled check the configurations. We have
> mapsecrets located in both the conf.DBI and the directory right above it.

I don't know what you mean by `the conf.DBI'.  There should not be
multiple copies of the `mapsecrets' file.

The `mapsecrets' file should be located at
`/usr/local/etc/freeside/mapsecrets', as documented in
htdocs/docs/config.html.

> When we run fs-setup freeside, we get the user not found in mapsecrets.

If you're running `fs-setup foo', you need an entry for `foo' in
mapsecrets.  I'd suggest you have one username per person, not a generic
`freeside' entry there.  (as per htdocs/docs/config.html, Note that these
are not local usernames - they are passed from Apache [you _did_ setup
user authetication
<http://www.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#user-authentication>, correct?] )

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi