thinking about using freeside

Chris Joyce chris at hislora.com.au
Sun Oct 31 04:57:25 PST 1999

Hi,

just a quick question about freeside ,
I have a very small setup going with only one pop and less then 200 users.
I also have a second party who use my pop with less then 300 users.

every thing is run on a couple of box's ( one for both of us ) , I use
ICRADIUS and do all the logging there.I use MSAccess to do my accounting
via ODBC to MySQL ( logging and radius ) , this only just works !

I'd like to drop the current accounting system , stick with ICRADIUS and
MySQL but find a better accounting system .

After looking at the site and trying the on-line demo , I have a few
questions.

I've been trying to work out if freeside will cope with my current
packages that my clients use.

package A :	1 pop
		3 mail aliases
		ppp dialup 25 Hours/month with 50 Meg download
		excess charge for extra time/data

package B :     3 pop
                10 mail aliases
                ppp dialup
                download charged by the Meg

package C :	as per package A but with ip filter

I gess the real question is can freeside cope with download charging ?
mixed with hour charging ?

	thanks for any info

		chris
--