[freeside] Apache mod_perl

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Thu Oct 21 02:43:07 PDT 1999

On Tue, Oct 19, 1999 at 01:58:29PM -0700, Chris wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've set up my Apache-ssl to run with mod_perl and have verified that
> mod_perl is "running" by looking at the error_log and by using /perl-status.
> Now the question.  I read in the setup that simply using mod_perl would NOT
> speed up the Freeside cgi's.

You need to set the handler for .cgi files in the freeside document tree
to perl-script, and set the PerlHandler to Apache::Registry, i.e. inside
the <Directory> section for freeside:

	#old #AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
	AddHandler perl-script .cgi
	PerlHandler Apache::Registry

> I'd have to do various httpsd.conf modifications to tell Apache to
> pre-load various modules.

You can preload modules with PerlModule or PerlRequire as per the mod_perl
documentation.  Since modules are cached after the first time they're
used, the performance gain of preloading them will only be the first
few hits to a newly-started server, at the cost of some memory.

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside