[freeside] dbdef problems?

Joel Griffiths griff at aver-computer.com
Tue Oct 19 13:12:34 PDT 1999

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, you sed:
> Joel Griffiths wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, you sed:
> > > I've run into a little problem.  I tried adding a couple more packages to
> > > freeside for dual accounts.  I setup a dual dialup service and created
> > > packages using those services and the correct prices.  The problem, the
> > > packages don't show up when you add a customer or order a packages for an
> > > existing customer.  I ran dbdef-create and they still don't show up
> > > anywhere except for on the "Add/Edit Packages" page.  Anyone have any idea
> > > what the problem might be.
> > Yes. You need to go into the View/Edit Agents and configure freeside to allow
> > the agent (you) to sell the packages you created.
> >
> > The dbdef-create script, I believe, is used to when you add new tables to the
> > freeside database; it has no effect on packages.
> >
> > - Joel
> >
> >  >
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > >
> > > -Kristian Hoffmann
> > > <khoff at pc-intouch.com>
> > --
> > Senior Internet Engineer                  Aver, Inc.
> > (760) 568-4351 Phone              (760) 341-8694 Fax
> > "The world won't change just because I complain."
> >                Martina McBride
>

> Also note that (AFAIK) Freeside won't display any package that has more
> than one service on the "Add Customer" page.
Good point. I forgot to mention that. The package selection on the Add User
Page is almost completely useless because of this.

> The reason for this is
> because there's no way to dynamically alter the displayed html form
> based on which package is selected.
I thought I would attempt to change this on my version of Freeside but I
quickly found out that the original database layout and Perl code was not set
up for this kind of application. Some serious programming would be required to
change it, possibly even starting from scratch in many cases.

> One possible solution would be to
> make an additional page that's used in the signup process that would
> display the form for each package, like a MS-style "Wizard".  The first
> page lets you select the package, then the second page has the custom
> form with fields for each service in that package and a save button. Of
> course, that would require a little perl work.
Now this is an idea! This could actually work. That is probably the best
solution.

-- Joel Griffiths --