First Installation

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Sun May 16 17:58:39 PDT 1999

I was able get Freeside running on a RedHat 6.0 box using the regular
install instructions, though mod_perl was completely broken.  5.9 was a
different story.

I'm not aware of any kernel issues related to freeside.

I find it strange that bin/fs-setup can find FS/UID.pm but none of the
other programs can, and that single line script using that line works
fine.  It points to something different about the situation you're running
the scrips in when they fail:  Are you using mod_perl, suExec, Perl setuid
emulation, running Apache as the freeside user (with appropriate
precautions, hopefully), something else?

I shouldn't have to drag this information out of you piece by piece, you
know.