Problems adding new user - Error: Illegal shell

Perry J. Blalock admin at badger1.net
Sat May 15 21:57:16 PDT 1999

Why do I get the following error(s) after attempting to add a new user:

	If I select "e-mail invoice" on the new user form, freeside gives me the
following error - and the email account *is* on the local machine with
freeside:

	"Error: Unknown local account (specified literally)"

	If I select "Postal mail invoice, I get the following error from freeside -
and yes, I *do* have a legal shell defined in /conf/shells:

	"Error: Illegal shell"

I'm using fs-1.2.1, all else seems to work fine.

thanks

------
Perry J. Blalock
BadgerNet Communications
"If you're not connected you're missing everything!"
http://www.badger1.net