Freeside Problems

Andrew Cameron andrew at ibi.co.za
Tue May 4 09:16:24 PDT 1999

Hi,

Conf::config is being called from UID.pm Line 224.

I have hardcoded my datasource, username, password into this script and
then I get passed that.

I then hit
SOFTWARE ERROR
Illegal line in /usr/local/etc/freeside//conf.DBI:mysql:freeside/shells
/bin/csh /bin/sh /bin/bash

This indicates the the problem is DEFINETLY related to the Newer versions
of perl.

Is anyone Successfully using Freeside with Perl version 5.005 or Greater?

Conf.pm needs to be modified to work under perl5.00502 but I do not know
how to do it.

Regards
Andrew

On Tue, 4 May 1999, Joel Griffiths wrote:

> On Tue, 04 May 1999, you wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Have you managed to resolve the problems you have been having.
> No. I haven't had time to work on it. I imagine the problem is pretty simple to
> solve though. I just need to find a little time to work on it.
>
> > I have the same version of perl that you have and I get the SAME error
> > messages.
> It's nice to know I wasn't imagining anything. If you know Perl, I am pretty
> certain that the problem lies in the Conf.pm file. I will have a look at the
> scripts this week to see if I can find the exact problem.
>
> >From what I have had time to do, it appears that the config subroutine of
> Conf::config returns the entire file despite carriage returns (as defined by
> Perl) and Freeside is really expecting it to return some sort of seperation. I
> think I need to find where the call to Conf::config is coming from before I can
> do anything. Like I said, I hope to have some time this week to look at it.
>
> > This indicates to me that the scripts are
> not compatible with the > version of perl we are using. >  > Regards
> That's what I thought.
>

> > Andrew
> >
> > --
> >
> > Andrew Cameron