Freeside Problems

Joel Griffiths griff at aver-computer.com
Tue May 4 08:42:34 PDT 1999

On Tue, 04 May 1999, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have you managed to resolve the problems you have been having.
No. I haven't had time to work on it. I imagine the problem is pretty simple to
solve though. I just need to find a little time to work on it.

> I have the same version of perl that you have and I get the SAME error
> messages.
It's nice to know I wasn't imagining anything. If you know Perl, I am pretty
certain that the problem lies in the Conf.pm file. I will have a look at the
scripts this week to see if I can find the exact problem.

>From what I have had time to do, it appears that the config subroutine of
Conf::config returns the entire file despite carriage returns (as defined by
Perl) and Freeside is really expecting it to return some sort of seperation. I
think I need to find where the call to Conf::config is coming from before I can
do anything. Like I said, I hope to have some time this week to look at it.

> This indicates to me that the scripts are
not compatible with the > version of perl we are using. >  > Regards
That's what I thought.