How to use svc_acct.import

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Wed Mar 17 18:28:02 PST 1999

On Thu, Mar 18, 1999 at 12:12:25PM +1000, A P Blogg wrote:
> I worked on it for a while and finally worked out that the USERS file was
> rejected if it contained more than one specification on one line, ie
> "Auth-Type = System, Framed-Protocol = PPP," .. it liked it when I seperated
> that into two lines...

Yes, sorry if I wasn't clear when I said "svc_acct.import doesn't deal
well with... multi-attribute lines".

> But now, I'm getting the following error...
>
> --
> Unkonwn svcpart at ./svc_acct.import line 201, <PASSWD> chunk 1.
> --
>
> Any ideas?

You might get this error if you didn't enter valid service part numbers to
one of the initial questions that applies to an account in your files.
Say, if you just hit return or `0'.

You should be getting a list of service part numbers before each question.
If you didn't (i.e. if you haven't setup all the items in the
configuration section, including services), then you're doing stuff in the
wrong order.  Go back and setup services.