Attempting to import

Joel Griffiths griff at aver-computer.com
Tue Jun 29 08:24:34 PDT 1999

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, you wrote:
> > >Use of uninitialized value at bin/svc_acct.import line 166.
> > >Use of uninitialized value at bin/svc_acct.import line 166.
> > >Use of uninitialized value at bin/svc_acct.import line 168.
> > >Use of uninitialized value at bin/svc_acct.import line 168.
> > >Username root in use at bin/svc_acct.import line 212, <PASSWD> chunk 1.
The last one is because you ran the program several times and root has already
been created. You might want to go into mysql and and remove the database and
then recreate it with fs-setup. I ran into that problem myself. I think it was
for the same reason too. svc_acct.import had trouble with my users file the
first few times so it imported the /etc/passwd accounts and then hung up on the
users file. The next time I attempted to run import, the root account was
already created (from the first failed pass) and it died with the above error.

I'm looking at line 166 and I don't quite understand what it is supposed to do.
It appears that it is checking if param{'radius_Framed_IP_Address'} exists or
and assigns that to ip{'username'} if it does. If it doesn't, then it assigns
0e0.

Try exchanging this and the next line (166&167) with this line:
if(defined $param{'radius_Framed_IP_Address'})
	{
	$ip{$username}=$param{'radius_Framed_IP_Address'});
	delete $param{'radius_Framed_IP_Address'};
	}
else
	{
	$ip{$username} = '0e0';
	}
Might be your version of perl doesn't like the way it is written. I think that
was what wrong with mine.

This will not work until you go into mysql and do the following:
use freeside (or whatever you called it)
DROP DATABASE freeside

WARNING!!!!
THIS WILL DELETE YOUR DATABASE. You will have to run fs-setup again
to recreate it.

Good luck and lret me know how it works.

-- Joel Griffiths --
Senior Internet Engineer                  Aver, Inc.
(760) 568-4351 Phone              (760) 341-8694 Fax
"The world won't change just because I complain."
               Martina McBride