[freeside] Volume Discount, One time charges

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Fri Jul 16 23:55:32 PDT 1999

On Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 08:34:10AM -0600, Tech Account wrote:

> Is there an easy and obvious way to do volume discounts?

Probably not aside from the fact that all prices are Perl expressions.

> For example, if a user prepays a year of service up front, he/she should
> get a 10% discount on the yearly recurring cost.

I've handled this in the past by creating a separate package for yearly
billing.

> Also, if a user orders say 5 dialup accounts, I want to discount them.
> If they order 6 or 7, I also want to discount.
>
> Speaking of odd cases, if I suspend an account and then unsuspend it,
> is there an easy way to reassess the setup fee for that package? or even
> assign a generic reinstatement fee?

For this, I would have to suggest that you use the source, Luke.

> I suspect I probably just have to
> take the package away and give it back, but I didn't know if there was
> an easier solution.

You'll wind up deleting the customer's services.

> What is the frequency do exactly?

Number of months between bills... 1 for monthly billing, 12 for annual
billing, etc.

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside