[freeside] turn key....

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Fri Jul 16 23:21:47 PDT 1999

On Tue, Jul 13, 1999 at 02:42:09PM -0700, Scott Nelson wrote:
> At 7:42 PM -0700 7/12/99, Frank Nazario wrote:
> >hi there guys......
> >does anyone of you in here have a FULL installation of freeside
> >working??..... we have been at it for the past 3 weeks doing and you
> >name it ......
> >still there are many modules that are still either to be programed or
> >not existent...
> >
> >any one outhere with a full working copy.....???
>

> We have a full working copy, but we aren't using it for billing yet.  We
> are kind of taking it one step at a time right now.  We've imported all of
> our customers into the database and now we are manually entering all of the
> accounts/packages into the system.
>
> We hired Ivan to come in and setup the system for us and it's been working
> fairly well.  It seems a bit slow at times, but we may throw some more RAM
> at it to see if that helps.

Not unless the machine is thrashing to swap.  Let me know what you see
from memory usage on `top' when it is slow... is is slow on a particular
function or search, or at particular times?  If it is only when you're
pulling up long tables, browsing longs lists of customers and the like?
That would be client-side slowness (takes browsers forever to render big
tables).

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside