[freeside] Editing Users File Format

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Fri Jul 16 22:46:37 PDT 1999

On Thu, Jul 08, 1999 at 11:54:21AM -0700, dk smith wrote:
> I am in the same boat. Any swift answers to the list will be appreciated.
> Modifying the source should not be too difficult for this, however, I am
> unsure about the $ip variable not being not equal to 0e0. Is that just an
> arbitrary flag for NULL in some particular case?

Probably could be re-coded more readably.  "0e0" is a trick I stole from
DBI (see the DBI manapge) - it evaluates to 0 but is regarded as true.

> Where does the $ip manifest itself in the GUI??

On the account view and edit screens.

> I also have a situation wherein the wrong "service type" is set on several
> accounts. For example, accounts such as root, bin, uucp are set as "Dialup
> only"  which causes the Radius user file to filled with all of those
> accounts!!! This seems like a problem to me. Can I fix it easily? Can
> someone suggest what tools I need to make the changes? Is this an
> opportunity for dbimon or is it easier to re-install/import? At this time I
> only know how to spell SQL. So basic advice would be helpful...
>
> PS: I did not perform the original config and import. Can anyone inform me
> as to what might have been done wrong during the setup (which would cause
> all those accounts to have an erroneous service type?

I'd suggest that you start from scratch.  It should give you a better
understanding of what's going on, instead of trying to fix problems you
don't understand in the first place.

http://w3.one.net/~jhoffman/sqltut.htm is an excellent and concise SQL
tutorial.

--