[freeside] Editing Users File Format

Joel Griffiths griff at aver-computer.com
Fri Jul 9 08:40:57 PDT 1999

On Thu, 08 Jul 1999, you wrote:
> hi...
> How can I properly edit the svc_acct.export to eliminate the quotes from
> the Simultaneous-Use ="1" Attribute and eliminate the Frame-Adress =
> "0.0.0.0" Attribute.
If you look closely, you can see some differences here. This is based upon the
mods I did to the acct export file. All the quotes were removed because they
didn't work right with my radius either. To delete the IP-Address field, just
get rid of the if statement and use the print USERS qq(\n\n); line.

     ###
    # FORMAT OF THE USERS FILE HERE
    print USERS
      $svc_acct->username, qq(\@ecove\tPassword = "$rpassword"\n\t),

      join ",\n\t",
        map  {
          /^(radius_(.*))$/;
          my($field,$attrib)=($1,$2);
          $attrib =~ s/_/\-/g;
          "$attrib = ". $svc_acct->getfield($field);
        } grep /^radius_/ && $svc_acct->getfield($_), fields('svc_acct')
    ;
    if ( $ip && $ip ne '0e0' ) {
      print USERS qq(,\n\tFramed-IP-Address = $ip\n\n);
    } else {
      print USERS qq(\n\n);
    }

> My Radius Server will NOT accept the following format :
>
> username  Password  = "password"
>                      Simultaneous-Use  = "1",
>                      Framed- Address  = "0.0.0.0"
>
> The format tha we need to have done is :
>
> username Password = "password" Expiration = "Jun 30 2000",
> Simultaneous-Use = 1
>

> I would also need a default entry to be generated in the users file that
> have the following format:

On mine, I added the following lines right before the flock statements. On
yours, just substitute your default info for mine: print USERS qq~

DEFAULT Authentication-Type = Realm
  Service-Type = Framed,
  Framed-Protocol = PPP,
  Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254,
  Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255

~;

> Default   Password = "Unix"
>                  User-Service = Framed-User,
>                  Framed-Protocol = PPP,
>                  Framed-Routing = None,
>                  Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool = 1,
>                   Simultaneous-Use  = 1
-- Joel Griffiths --
Senior Internet Engineer                  Aver, Inc.
(760) 568-4351 Phone              (760) 341-8694 Fax
"The world won't change just because I complain."
               Martina McBride