Promotional Package

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Thu Jul 15 16:13:07 PDT 1999

On Tue, Jul 06, 1999 at 09:54:21PM -0500, Donald L. Greer, Jr. wrote:
>   Er, couldn't you just set the "installation fee" to some negative
> number, giving the user "credit" for however many months?

Have you run that by your accountant?  IANAA, but I believe that this is
disasterous from a tax standpoint.

>   Just a thought.  Haven't really started playing with FS much yet so
> take this with a grain of salt :^).

If we didn't have to pay government-sponsorted
extortion^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Htaxes,
this would work fine. Freeside might not let you have a negative number
there, but that's trivial to change.

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside