[freeside] I need some help here....

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Wed Aug 25 22:52:20 PDT 1999

On Wed, Aug 25, 1999 at 10:14:13PM -0700, Kirk Moore wrote:

> With that I have installed Apache 1.3.9, and perl 5.00503. I have complied
> apache to have both suEXEC, and SSL, and I have gotten most of the Perl mods
> installed. Though I could not get the Term_Query to compile properly. The
> other file that did not compile was Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2204.

Term::Query I wouldn't worry about, for now.  It is only required for some
of the legacy data import programs.

DBD::Mysql (part of the Msql-Mysql-modules), however, is essential, if
you're using MySQL.  (If you're using another database, you need the
corresponding DBD::database module).  You won't be able to do anything
else until you get that working.  You should probably check in the
documentation for that module with regards to getting support for it.

> At this time we have about a month of time invested in this software, and
> have lost a month of billing.

A quote from JWZ comes to mind here: "Linux is only free if your time has
no value".  :)  I'm sorry you haven't billed your customers while you've
been trying to setup Freeside.  I can only suggest that you should wait
until you have it setup sucessfully before switching over to it.

> We have created the freeside user account and we can see the first screen
> when we go the  server.
>
> I am having several errors that are not going away, and really need so
> fairly decent help.
>
> one error:
> user not found on mapsecrets! at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/UID.pm line
> 220

Before you do anything, you need to get DBD::MySQL working.

Then you need to follow all the other steps on htdocs/docs/install.html,
_before_ the web interface will be usable.

That particular error indicates that you didn't setup authentication in
Apache, or that username passed in from Apache authentication wasn't found
in /usr/local/etc/freeside/mapsecrets, as outlined in
htdocs/docs/config.html

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside