[freeside] Adding a customer

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Fri Aug 20 01:47:33 PDT 1999

On Thu, Aug 19, 1999 at 10:21:42AM -0400, Martin G. Bayerle wrote:
> >I just configured freeside on one of our servers.  Everything is working
> >good except on the New customer screen, at
> >the bottom, the section to specify the username, pop location, etc for
> >that customer is not there.  I can only assume
> >this is an error in setting up the proper agents, or perhaps the
> >mapsecrets file is wrong.  Can someone point me in
> >the right direction?  Thanks.
> >
> >..Rich
> >
> >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >-----------------------------------------------
> >Richard W. Hawley - Network Engineer                   CyberZone Internet
> >Services
> >rhawley at cyberzone.net                                           942 Main
> >Street
> >http://www.cyberzone.net                                       Hartford,
> >CT. 06103
>
> Richard,
>
> My take on this is that the sign-up screen will only display packages with
> ONLY one service feature.  Once you change it to two (or more), that
> package will not display on the New Customer screen.

Yes, this is by design.

I couldn't come up with a way for a web interface to dynamically adjust so
that, for example, when you select a package with several services, you
get input boxes for all of them.  With a different interface, say, Tk or
Gtk, this wouldn't be a problem; you just create new widgets for each
service on the fly.

> And, if you eliminate services from any package, to reduce it to only
> one service, once gone, they won't reappear.

This is a bug and is fixed in 1.2.2.

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside