[freeside] What gives.....

Joel Griffiths griff at aver-computer.com
Tue Aug 17 08:21:31 PDT 1999

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, you wrote:
> We are trying to get support for this fine product. I think that you have a
>  well conceived product, and we are trying to install 1.2.1. I really like
>  what 1.2.0 has and am expecting even better things with the newer
>  version....
>
>  Heres the problems, we fire up the setup
>
>  ./fs-setup freeside and receive the following error...
>
>  user not found on mapsecrets! at /usr/liv/perl5/site_perl/5.005/FS/UID.pm
>  line 220
You must log in or freeside will not work. To do this, you need to set up
Apache SuExec or perl authentification. If this is done, do you have the
username you use to login to freeside in the mapsecrets file:

ie.
dale conf.DBI:mysql:freeside/secrets

Then, under the path pointed to by map secrets (it maps to a secrets file
containing passwords), you must have something like this:

DBI:mysql:ecove
freeside
pass2use

The contains the login and username used for you database.

Good luck.

--
Senior Internet Engineer                  Aver, Inc.
(760) 568-4351 Phone              (760) 341-8694 Fax