questions about freeside

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Mon Apr 26 02:27:45 PDT 1999

On Sun, Apr 25, 1999 at 10:09:46PM +1000, nshep at snowy.net.au wrote:
> G'day all,
>         I have a few questions on Freeside. We offer blocks of time
> (usually 50 hours) for a fixed amount. These hours do not expire and
> hence
> can last a few weeks or a year if need be. Can Freeside handle this?
> Would it be a case similar to the Cisco router example in the demo web
> page where the cost was $2500 with zero frequency and zero monthy fees?

Yes, you could charge a flat fee like that.

> Also, and importantly, can it prevent a user from logging on when these
> hours have expired?

You would need to write something that suspended users (using the suspend
method of a FS::cust_main object - see htdocs/docs/man/cust_main.txt) when
their time ran out.

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside