Action: Default or Fix?

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Sat Sep 26 14:56:45 PDT 1998

Hi,

It lets you provide a _default_, or unchangable _fixed_ value, for that
service.

Defaults are, well... defaults.  You can set a default for any field, for
example you might want a default shell of `/bin/sh'.

For example, when createing a service with table svc_acct, I might set a
fixed IP address (slipip) of `0.0.0.0' to prevent static IPs from being
ordered, or a fixed null uid for dial-only accounts, or a fixed null
slipip for shell accounts (maybe with a fixed shell of `/bin/true' for POP
mailboxes).

You can use this when creating services with table svc_acct_sm or
svc_domain also.

Hope that helps.

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key