Hello

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Sat Sep 12 14:37:28 PDT 1998

Thanks for including the error log; it help me make sure I've got an
accurate description of your problem.

On Sat, 12 Sep 1998, Martin G. Bayerle wrote:

> Originally,
>
> When adding or editing a service, an Internal Server Error occurred.
>
> But, after you've made the add or edit, and reload the browse service
> page, the service is added or appropriately edited.

I think you need to apply the patch in
htdocs/docs/CGI-modules-2.76-patch.txt (as stated by
htdocs/docs/install.html)

> Now, it cannot open the secrets file when adding or editing a service -
> and no service is addeed or edited, although browse and view (which use
> secrets, I presume, to access mysql) still work fine.

[snip]

> >[Sat Sep 12 13:48:13 1998] UID.pm: [Sat Sep 12 13:48:13 1998] UID.pm:
> >Can't open /var/spool/freeside/conf/secrets: Permission
> >denied at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/FS/UID.pm line 26. BEGIN
> >failed--compilation aborted at
> >/usr/home/httpd/Freeside/edit/process/part_svc.cgi line 15.

Are the files in question still setuid freeside?  Make sure you:

      chmod 4755 browse/*.cgi edit/*.cgi edit/process/*.cgi misc/*.cgi \
misc/process/*.cgi search/*.cgi view/*.cgiA

If you were editing the files, the setuid bit was probably removed.

See the `Security Bugs' section of the `perlsec' manpage if this doesn't
work for any files (not yourself, but possibly others).

Hope that helps.  Good luck.

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key
Silicon Interactive Software Design - http://www.sisd.com/ - 888-670-SISD