legacy import & date

Desk of the Technical Director root at syrinx.jeffnet.org
Mon Oct 19 13:49:10 PDT 1998

I have the legacy import working for my customer data....almost.

I am down to 1 problem, dates.  they are in a mm/dd/yy format, but when I
try to shove them in as $svc{'paydate'} and $cust_pkg{'bill'} I get
errors.  I understand why, but I am no regex expert (if such a thing
exists) and the formats for the two seem to be different (paydate will
take mm/yyyy but bill will not).

Clue me in.  What date formats do I need and do you have a one-liner
conversion.  I tried to use Date::Parse, but since I dont know what I am
doing.....

I will make up a 'paydate' if I can get 'bill' in correctly.

Also, is it ok if 'bill' = 'setup' or should setup always be < bill