help.

Bill Fumerola billf at jade.chc-chimes.com
Fri Oct 2 12:52:15 PDT 1998

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, tanto wrote:

> -rwsr-xr-x   1 freeside users        1572 Mar 23  1998 cust_pay.cgi
> -rwsr-xr-x   1 freeside users        3517 Jul  2 11:31 cust_pkg.cgi
> -rwsr-xr-x   1 freeside users        2916 Jul 12 22:18 part_pkg.cgi
>
> As far as I know, that means that freeside owns them and they are SUID
> freeside.  Anyone know how to get the httpd server (apache 1.2.6 I
> believe) to run the files as freeside?  From what I can tell.. they should
> run as freeside right now.

Those should work exactly as you say, I'd check apache's documentation
(www.apache.org) about how it runs CGI's, but I might suggest also
updating to apache1.3

- bill fumerola [root/billf]@chc-chimes.com - computer horizons corp -
-  ph:(800)252.2421 x128 / bfumerol at computerhorizons.com - BF1560  -

	"Logic, like whiskey, loses its beneficial effect
	when taken in too large quantities" -Lord Dunsany