Quick Question

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Sat Nov 7 13:35:48 PST 1998

On Sat, Nov 07, 1998 at 11:57:37AM -0500, Martin G. Bayerle wrote:
> >No, that is incorrect.  I will not be donating my Copious Free Time to the
> >development of your non-open-source software.  I apologize if I mistakenly
> >gave you that impression in some way.
> >
> >If you are interested in integrating your product with Freeside the Perl
> >API documentation would be the ideal place to start.  I'll of course be
> >happy to answer any questions you may have.
>
> Ivan,
>
> It was my understanding that you had said you would integrate our product
> with yours.  However, I can't place my finger on the e-mail - and its
> really unimportant to us.  We don't make money on our software products,
> or software consulting/support.
>
> As you know, we give our Sign-Up away to our members (compare to
> hurl.net's $1,000 product), and membeship fees are currently waived.  We
> also provide a free new-subscriber CD to link with the sign-up server;
> our ISPs reproduce their CDs to their heart's content.  And we're also
> working on a CD admin kit - make your own, as many as you like.

That's great, but completely off-topic.  This discussion list is for users
and developers of the open source Freeside software, not for a discussion
of your pricing and licensing structure, or promotion of your products.

> Freeside is just one part of the ISPs' requirements.  You have to get
> customers on-line efficiently, and then bill them; that's a complete
> automated product.

Agreed, but again off-topic.

> You had talked about a sign-up server initiative of your own.  We'd be
> just as happy to support that.  Any progress there?

Sync your CVS tree with the current one if you'd like to participate in
development.

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key
Silicon Interactive Software Design - http://www.sisd.com/ - 888-670-SISD