Quick Question

Martin G. Bayerle bayerle at auidea.org
Sat Nov 7 08:57:40 PST 1998

>No, that is incorrect.  I will not be donating my Copious Free Time to the
>development of your non-open-source software.  I apologize if I mistakenly
>gave you that impression in some way.
>
>If you are interested in integrating your product with Freeside the Perl
>API documentation would be the ideal place to start.  I'll of course be
>happy to answer any questions you may have.

Ivan,

It was my understanding that you had said you would integrate our product
with yours.  However, I can't place my finger on the e-mail - and its
really unimportant to us.  We don't make money on our software products,
or software consulting/support.

As you know, we give our Sign-Up away to our members (compare to
hurl.net's $1,000 product), and membeship fees are currently waived.  We
also provide a free new-subscriber CD to link with the sign-up server;
our ISPs reproduce their CDs to their heart's content.  And we're also
working on a CD admin kit - make your own, as many as you like.

Freeside is just one part of the ISPs' requirements.  You have to get
customers on-line efficiently, and then bill them; that's a complete
automated product.

You had talked about a sign-up server initiative of your own.  We'd be
just as happy to support that.  Any progress there?

Martin