Billing

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Sat Nov 7 00:36:12 PST 1998

On Sat, Oct 24, 1998 at 11:10:44AM -0700, Desk of the Technical Director wrote:
> Addition:  Clicking "bill this customer now" works as expected.
>
> On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Desk of the Technical Director wrote:
>
> <*>I ran bill -c as user freeside.
> <*>
> <*>Nothing happened (ie: no output file).  I have users in the database with
> <*>billdates both in the past (past due) and in the future.
> <*>
> <*>I tried adding the -d option and specifing a date on which I knew users
> <*>should be billed, same result.
> <*>
> <*>Since I didn't have setup dates in my imported data I let setup=billdate,
> <*>could this be the problem.

No, that shouldn't be a problem.  What version of Freeside are you using?

> <*>Also, we normally bill 3 times before due date and once after, then
> <*>automatically lock account, then delete it if account has not been paid
> <*>for 15 days after locked.
> <*>
> <*>Are there provisions for this type of activity (auto locking and
> <*>deletion), or should I write this as a seperate module.

Yes, there are provisions.  I call them suspension and cancellation rather
than locking and deletion.

> <*>BTW, where is the API, it didn't seem to come with my tarball.....

Included as POD documentation with the stuff in site_perl. or on the home
page.

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key
Silicon Interactive Software Design - http://www.sisd.com/ - 888-670-SISD