Last questions for real this time :)

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Wed May 6 18:27:25 PDT 1998

On Wed, 6 May 1998, Max wrote:

> Ok.. these three problems seem to be the last errors I can find:
>
> 1. When I run the import script it gives me many many many errors about
> illegal shell and username in use etcetcetc.

The import script doesn't wipe the database before the import, so if you
run it multiple times you'll get these errors.  If you're still getting
illegal shell errors make sure the regular expression near the end of
svc_acct.pm which checks this is a superset of what's in your /etc/passwd
file.

> 2. After adding a user, it says it cant find the user with an error on
> line 58 of the cust_main script. The customer does get added, and can be
> viewed if you go through the main menu, this is probably a small bug
> somewhere.

Are you using IE?  I'm told IE has an unresolved bug which would cause
this.

> 3. I set up the svc_acct.uid in the counters directory to start at a
> number thats not in use. When I try to add the PPP service to a user it
> says the UID is in use. It never actually asks me to put in a uid, and if
> its using the counter it shouldn't be in use. Where is it getting this
> from?

Hmm... also in svc_acct.pm:

  return "uid in use"
    if qsearchs('svc_acct',{'uid'=> $self->uid } );

...it doesn't really have anything to do with the counter, which is in
site_perl/Record.pm, and will even count up starting at what is in the
counter if it needs to:

  my($index)=$counter->inc;
  $index=$counter->inc
    while qsearchs($table,{$field=>$index}); #just in case

Does your counterfile have

#COUNTER-1.0

as the first line?  (and is the counters directory you set it in the same
one that's specified in site_perl/Record.pm?)

Can you provide any more information?

> Thats all for now,
> Max

- --