Postgres Port update

News Subsystem news at bmccane.maxbaud.net
Sun Mar 29 06:27:28 PST 1998

Ivan,

	I have fixed most of my problems with a small change.
Unfortunately, I think it might be a BIG performance pig.  I have added
code to FS::Record::new to automatically strip trailing spaces off of
strings read from the the database (if datasrc =~ m/Pg/).  To do this, I
have to dereference $hashref, and then I match field for a trailing
space.  If it has a trailing space, I unpack("A255" it.  I was wondering
if you might have a recommendation of any ways to speed this up.

	brian