Freeside demo information

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Wed Mar 25 22:05:48 PST 1998

Hello,

On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, Jerry Koberlein wrote:

> Ivan,
>
> Your program looks good, however we have a few questions.
> Where do we add user name and password?

Create a new customer, order a package such as SLIP/PPP, then click on
that package.  At the bottom of the screen there will be a listing of the
services included in this package.  You can add a new service, or "link"
to an existing service (which is used if your legacy data doesn't know
which usernames belong to which customers).

> What happens to us being able to use this program for free should you
> commercialize it?

I don't plan to commercialize the source.  The "commercial" end of the
program is the sale of installation, customization, and support.

The software is licensed to you under the GNU General Public License.  As
I understand the licensing, I am not permitted to "revoke" your license to
use a version of the software released under that licence.  Check the file
COPYING for details.  :)

> Is there a place to put an email address in your program?
>
> Thanks,

In the future, please send questions or problems to the mailing list.
Thanks.

> Jerry Koberlein
> kjerry at triax.com
>
> www.triax.com
>
> At 04:47 PM 3/25/98 +0000, you wrote:
> >
> >Hello Jerry Koberlein <kjerry at triax.com>,
> >
> >Your sample Freeside database has been setup.

- --
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key
Silicon Interactive Software Design - http://www.sisd.com/
"I want to go on a mountain-top / with a radio and good batteries
 play a joyous tune / and free the whole human race from suffering" -Bjork