Already in use

Jay jay at kinetic.org
Sat Dec 19 19:03:26 PST 1998

So, it is not feasible to run FreeSide on the same machine that it will
add users to for testing purposes? This will not be the architecture of
any final implementation, however for testing, it would be nice to be able
to add users at localhost. This way, I don't have to sacrafice two machines
for testing.

~Jay

On Sat, 19 Dec 1998, Ivan Kohler wrote:

> DON'T RUN FREESIDE ON A MACHINE WITH USER ACCOUNTS!!!
>
> That said, if you want Freeside to add users to REMOTE machines, you need
> to follow the directions at the bottom of htdocs/docs/export.html.
>
> On Fri, Dec 18, 1998 at 04:45:42PM -0700, Jay wrote:
> >
> > Here's a new one. When I go to add a user account via the FreeSide system,
> > it is added to the PostgreSQL database, but never added to the system. The
> > web browser just hangs for about 5 minutes, then times out with a no data
> > error. During that 'time out', if I do a 'ps auxwww' I see the ssh useradd
> > command hanging; it looks like ssh is never able to connect to
> > root at localhost to add the user. After it times out, if I sumbit the same
> > data again, it tells me that the username is already in use. Then, if I
> > got back to the main menu and browse the database, it shows all of the
> > users there, but still they were never entered into the password file.
> >
> > Any sugguestions about how to get ssh to complete the process? Thanks. :)
> >
> > ~Jay
> >
> > - J a y   J a c o b s o n
> > - jay at kinetic.org   www.kinetic.org
> >
> > Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.
> >

> --
> Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> relhoK navI
> Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside
> 20 4,16 * * * saytime # please don't be surprised if you find me dreaming too

- J a y   J a c o b s o n