Already in use

Jay jay at kinetic.org
Fri Dec 18 15:28:46 PST 1998

Here's a new one. When I go to add a user account via the FreeSide system,
it is added to the PostgreSQL database, but never added to the system. The
web browser just hangs for about 5 minutes, then times out with a no data
error. During that 'time out', if I do a 'ps auxwww' I see the ssh useradd
command hanging; it looks like ssh is never able to connect to
root at localhost to add the user. After it times out, if I sumbit the same
data again, it tells me that the username is already in use. Then, if I
got back to the main menu and browse the database, it shows all of the
users there, but still they were never entered into the password file.

Any sugguestions about how to get ssh to complete the process? Thanks. :)

~Jay

- J a y   J a c o b s o n
- jay at kinetic.org   www.kinetic.org

Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.